Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Repairing 500 years of slavery with the movie "The Blind Side" while simultaneously fostering inter-racial Cougar/Oedipus complexes.


The movie The Blind Side officially repairs five hundred years of slavery, yeah! Finally there is a much needed football movie that just so happens to be a balm to white ruling class, and all southern white, guilt. Praises to the cast and crew for such a big accomplishment. The only criticism I have has to do with the title of the movie: A more fitting title might be, "Fostering the Inter-Racial Cougar Oedipal Complex," For those of you who don't know what a 'Cougar' is, here is a synopsis; A Cougar is an older woman who is on the "hunt" for a much younger, energetic, willing-to-do-anything male. Here's a refresher on what an Oedipus Complex is: It is a complex of the male desire to possess the mother sexually and to exclude the father.

I don't know if the big football star / adoptee wanted to score with his white trophy mom. It is hard for me to give this movie a detailed and accurate review because I only saw the trailer; and I hope I am never forced to watch it on a bus or an airliner. The only person that I know who saw the movie was my elderly white neighbor (who happens to be a widow and a southerner). Her reviews were stunning. She held her heart and spoke of renewed inspiration. Normally when I see this neighbor she bemoans her loneliness and depressingly speaks of how much she misses her dead husband. But this movie, Wow, it had her smiling while simultaneously tearing happy tears from her eyes. She told me that I "must take my wife to it" and that, my "wife will love it!" I asked my newly inspired neighbor, partly out of curiosity but mostly to change the subject, if she had seen this other new movie called, "The Men Who Stare At Goats?" My elderly neighbor let go of her heart, made a gasp of exasperation, looked utterly shocked and said, "Why no, I would never see a movie like that!" When I walked into my apartment I told my wife about our neighbor's reaction. My wife said, "The movie is called 'the men who STARE at goats... NOT, the men who FUCK goats!"

No comments: